See how opening a window can double your cell phone signal, and explore 9 other tips and tricks for finding better cell phone reception.
Some quick links to a few of the materials I used:
[✓] weBoost home unit 1500 sq ft:
[✓] weBoost Connect 7500 sq ft:
Learn more about cell phone signal boosters and the science behind them on weBoost’s website at:
In this video you’ll see how to;
– Access a secret “Field Testing” screen on your iPhone.
– Learn how to see the ACTUAL strength of your signal. (“Bars” aren’t usually accurate.)
– Find the cell tower you’re connected to right now, and make a “real life” connection with it.
– Force your phone to latch onto stronger signals nearby.
– Prevent texts, and voicemails, from coming through delayed.
– Double your signal, simply by rolling down a window.
– Find which carrier best covers the area where you live, and whether you should switch.
– Use a “Femtocell” or “Cell-spot Router” to re-direct calls through the internet.
– Use “Wi-Fi Calling” mode to send messages from the sky, and save on international roaming charges.
– Use a “weBoost” signal booster to eliminate dead-zones and dropped calls in your home, office, or car.
Liquid Nitrogen Experiments:
Next Video: How To Make Thunder Caps:
Previous Video: How To Make The Skyblaster Slingshot:
See What Else I’m Up To:
Business Inquiries: For sponsorship requests or business opportunities please contact me directly:
This video is only for entertainment purposes. If you rely on the information portrayed in this video, you assume the responsibility for the results. These projects and results are portrayals of my own personal experiences. Your results may vary depending on your location, experience, and modifications. Have fun, but always think ahead, and remember that every project you try is at YOUR OWN RISK.
Music By: “Through The Flame” Instrumental iTunes: YouTube: www.youtube.com/scottandbrendo
Project History & More Info:
FTC Disclaimer: This video was sponsored by my friends at weBoost. (#ad)
Project Inspired By:
weBoost.com. The weBoost staff reached out and invited me to collaborate on a video idea for their new line of weBoost products.
About a month ago, they reached out to see whether I had ever heard about cell phone signal boosting.
It was actually a new concept to me, even though they’d been selling products like this for over a decade, under the name “Wilson Electronics”.
Our house has always had trouble with reception, so I had one of their systems installed so I could test it for myself, and measure the results before making claims on what it could do.
I did a fair amount of research on how cell phone technology works in general, and different ways signals could be enhanced. And since most people don’t have any idea how phones work or where the signals come from, I thought it would be appropriate to make a video with tips and tricks that people could try out themselves, to learn and explore the invisible radio world around them.
Originally my thinking was to create a number of different projects that could be done with the weBoost system itself, or projects that related to the concepts of signal boosting.
Among these ideas were;
– Making a mini radio you could use to broadcast your voice on your kitchen radio.
– Building a mini audio amplifier powerful enough to drive a large 8ohm speaker.
– Ripping the weBoost amplifier apart, and seeing how it could re-purposed for something else.
In the end I felt that a “Life Hack” video showing 10 tips and tricks, would be the best.
I created the video to show 10 ways you could find, or create, better signals, but I also tried to design it so you’d be learning more about how the cellular system works, at the same time.
There is a lot of education mixed in with the projects. So in a way it’s kind of like a mini training course that’ll get you involved with understanding the networks you’ve always used, but never really been aware of.
I hope you learned something new you can start using. And if not, please watch the video again. There’s a really good chance you’ll see something you missed the first time around 🙂
Remember to visit and enter the promo code “48hrskingofrandom” for 20% off 3G products.