Who doesn’t know about Tandoori Chicken? It is a world famous dish. On youtube, you will see people making tandoori chicken in microwave, or tawa (pan) or karahi (wok). Most of us already know that Tandoori chicken can only be made in tandoor and end of discussion. BUT what if we don’t have tandoor at home and we want to get the same taste as tandoor. Well, the easiest / similar way to do it to make tandoori chicken in oven and get the closet taste as possible. It is a super easy recipe. Lets learn at tandoori chicken recipe –
Red chilly powder
Red food color
Ginger / garlic paste
1. Soak chicken (in our case – 4 thighs and 1 leg) into water. Add 1 tsp of salt and lemon juice (1 lemon). Let is rest for 10 mins.
2. Drain out all the water and leave the chicken for 15 mins.
3. For tandoori paste – take 1 tbsp of greek yogurt, 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tbsp of red chilly powder, 1/2 lemon juice, 1 pinch of red food color, 1 tbsp mustard oil, 1 tbsp of ginger / garlic paste, 1tsp garam masala, cumin powder 1/2 tsp. Mix everything together and leave the chicken aside for 10 mins (more the better).
4. Bake the chicken at 350 degrees in oven for 30 mins.
5. Take the chicken out and drain 90% of the water and then flip the chicken. Bake again for another 30 mins at 350 degrees.
6. Take the chicken out and drain all the water this time.
7. Broil the chicken for 5 mins (each side) at 450 degrees.
Equipments & etc:
Camera : Nikon D5200 24.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR
Lens : AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
Lens Filter : Sunpak 58mm Circular Polarizer (Using sometimes)
Tripods: Slik Pro 330DX Tripod (Black) with 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head
Software : iMovie
Please share and subscribe to our channel for more recipes.
This means a lot to us. Thanks for visiting! See you soon!!